View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I quit August 4th, 2007 and haven't looked back after being a packet-a-day smoker for 40 years. I'd tried many times in the past, but only managed a few days or weeks....never months, and never without that terrible craving.

I used the patches this time for one month (almost to the day) then gave them away. So far I've only had the occassional mild craving, but definitely not strong enough to tempt me back to a cigarette.

DH has still been having the occassional one, but never in front of me. I smell it on his clothes, in his hair and on his breath though, no matter how long ago it was. At least he's almost given them away. Sometimes he doesn't have one all week, so he's nearly there.

The reason I believe that I'm winning this time, after failing so often in the past, is that this time I wanted to give up! Other times I only tried because I felt I had to, like when the doctor said so, or some other reason apart from it being wholey my own decision.

I can't believe it's been 6 months already, and I truely believe that they're gone forever this time.

Good luck to all who are giving it a go.