View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Neuro appointment tomorrow

I go for my three month checkup tomorrow. I have some prescriptions to renew and some questions. Some of them are a little embarrassing, some are just curiousity and some are serious.

I finally made a list of questions and then pared them down to the top 5, if there's time I will ask the remainder. He always schedules me for his last appt of the day so we can talk. ( I love this guy)

So...why am I posting? Cause I am a bit worried. I have noticed an increasing sense of DECREASED mobility.

I am not sure if it is winter or weight or what. I have put on a LOT of weight. I don't know how much cause I absolutely HATE scales, I always have. I am 6'2 and I have always been big ( imagine that ) It's always been something that bugged me, taller, larger, longer, wider, so I avoid scales like the plague. I fight the negative body image in my head by avoidance.

I am afraid I will hear the words " you need to lose some weight"

I KNOW I DO! We all know that is easier said than done...

I just feel sort of 'ponderous'...does that make sense? I feel as if I am waaaaaaay more careful of how I walk and bend and move than I ever was before and I am not sure what to make of it or how to explain it, or if it is a symptom or because of the weight, or age or what!

I am still learning how to live with this stupid disease and what IS and ISN'T MS.

I don't usually post negatively, but there it is...me..negative, maybe scared of progression?

On the positive side, I haven't had a relapse in more than 10 months now, at least not what I consider a relapse! No dizziness, cognitive carp, no eye problems, spazzing seems to be decreased as well!

Sigh...off to work now, have a good night everyone!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote