Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Holy Crap.

I keep taking my pulse. This darn thing scared the bejesus out of me.

I mean, give me a break. They put you in a protocol that is supposed to be saving lives, studying the affect diabetes has on the cardiovascular system, etc. etc.

I actually did better than I was supposed to. I got lower readings, my blood pressure is just fine, I went down on my meds. My a1c is better than the goal they set for me. They have no explanation, and as they put it "Melody, this is great for you, but not so good for the protocol you are in". We all had a good laugh (this was many months ago, because I go there usually every 2 months or so. And they give me a yearly BIG physical.

This friday is the BIG one!!! Marks the 2 year thing or something to that effect.

Thank goodness I wasn't in the intensive part of it. They told me "your body responded as if it were in the intensive part of the protocol, but you are actually in the Standard part".

I'll definitely ask some questions on Friday.

It ends in the spring of 2009. I mean, they are very good to me, take great care, (because I listened to every thing they told me to do), I took my meds faithfully and my sugar reading was better for it.

So how come 257 people died???

oh my!!
Mel, what is your A1c level?

Diabetics do die you know. They are not stable physiologically and have a shortened life span due to the damage the disease does to blood vessels.
This article did not clarify stroke -- thrombotic or hemorrhagic either.
So until the data is written up more clearly, it is hard to answer.

It is frightening to learn how much doctors don't know or understand. I wouldn't get all upset over this, since you appear to be doing well. If you were not so bad to start with, you may not have had the damage present already.
Some of those patients may have been really in poor shape.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote