View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Good at Compliance??? I'm so good at compliance that I think it's a bonus if I get to eat half an orange. That's a treat for me.

Oh, you asked if the people at Accord cared if I was on B-12.

Not only do they NOT care. When I mentioned that my feet seemed to be better in the burning aspect of my neuropathy, it was mentioned "this has more to do with your good glucose control than the fact that you are on B-12'.

So you can FORGET B-12 as far as physicians are concerned.

As a matter of fact, the only physician who was actually interested in hearing more about B-12 Methyl, was the neurologist who came to one of the Neuropathy Support Group meetings.

She said "I would never NOT be interested in anything anyone has to say about how they deal with their neuropathy. We learn new stuff every day"!!!

And this was a young woman who was specializing in Neuropathy.

She has been (to my knowledge) the only physician I have ever spoken to about Methyl B-12, and believe me there have been plenty, she's the only one who actually LISTENED.

Everybody else either said "I don't believe it" one guy actually said "it's only for Anemia, and I WOULD NEVER PRESCRIBE B-12 FOR NERVE DAMAGE". He actually said that.

Mind boggling.

How can physicians not LEARN as they PRACTICE. I mean, we learn new stuff every day.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote