Thread: OK, I give up
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't care for surgical procedures either, I don't like hospitals and I can't stand most doctors I come across (nurses are almost always pretty cool). I don't know how to tell you not to be scared but I am certain that you'll make it through this ok, I have no doubt in my mind!! Remember that the medication they give you WILL help you to relax, doubtless! Trust me, every time I've gone through this (and it's been a few times), nothing really serious but I did have my appendix rupture on me, I was scared. However, the medication they gave me prior to the procedure (surgery or otherwise) worked like a charm. You'll be sedated to the point that you won't be out of control (at all) but not full of worry either. Once they actual procedure starts, you will be out BUT under the care of skilled professionals who could probably do this in their sleep. I understand your fear though and if I lived closer, I would come to the hospital myself or at least help you through your fears.

I wish you the best and please, don't be frightened, nothing bad is going to happen to you, that's a promise!!
Slimjim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote