View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

More details about me:
I am a white female, 31 yrs old, one child who is 9 yrs old...
Although I have had frequent UTI's all my life my health really didn't start going downhill until I was about 19. That is when I was diagnosed with PSVT after having lengthy periods of extreme tachycardia. Then, I was treated for migraines for about a year before they remarkably subsided. Not long after that I had laparscopic surgery for endometriosis and ovarian cysts. Then I began to notice that I was passing 'cellular casting' (similiar to blood clots/tissue) in my urine. That mystery was never solved and soon went away.
A few months later and after being married for 3 yrs I got pregnant. I had extreme vomiting and dehydration during the first five mths. I had to have an IV in my leg for approx. three mths so that I could bolus the antinausea medication into my system every few hrs. Then it got to where that wasn't working anymore and for the rest of the pregnancy I had to give myself shots of phenergan every 4 hrs. Surprisingly, with all the nausea I still managed to gain an alarming 90 pds for the whole pregnancy! When I went into labor I developed toxemia and had to have an emergency ceaseran. But with all the complications I succeeded in giving birth to a very healthy little boy. All was good for about 4 or 5 mths. Then suddenly, I became very depressed very fast for no apparent reason. It wouldn't let up. Soon I was having episodes of psychosis and suicide began to look very appealing. After an attempt, I landed in the ICU for a few days where people worked on me to try and save my life. This was just the beginning of a road that I never intended on traveling. Now, nine yrs later, I am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and PSTD. After being on just about every psych drug there is I have successfully weaned myself off of all of them! It wasn't easy and I still have bad days but it takes a lot of self talk and reprioritizing on a daily basis. After accomplishing that battle I have encountered recently some new issues regarding my physical health. In Oct of 07 I developed an abscess in my ear which lasted til the end of Nov. Following that I came down with a pretty bad cold. Then, soon after I recovered from that I developed bronchitis. I was prescribed antibiotics, an inhaler and antihistamine. These all seem to do the trick and cure me from all that. Except since Nov I started feeling this incredible and unusual amount of fatigue that I had chalked up to all the recent illnesses but since they had been taken care of I am puzzled of why I am still feeling such fatigue. In Jan not only was I so tired all the time I began to hurt...everywhere. Mainly, joints and muscles and sometimes my hands are so stiff I am unable to make a fist. Not to mention the stiffness in my neck which seems to become almost unbearable sometimes. I have now had the joint & muscle aches and neck stiffness since Jan 13th. Then a few days ago I noticed my thumb was twitching. Then yesterday, my GP called and said that my Vit D was low so he prescibed for me some calcium pills. The PSVT episodes have returned and have even woken me up from a good sleep, which was quite scary. I guess having a rough few months is the reason for me losing 20 pds in 2 mths. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining as I need to lose much more. I never was able to lose the weight from the pregnancy in '98.

Please understand that I am not posting my health history for sympathy but am determined to find answers to what ails me so that I can begin on the road to recovery. I am just so tired of feeling this way and it is affecting my family as well. My son doesn't understand why mommy is always tired and taking naps. It is especially hard when he asks me, "Mama, what is wrong with you?" What can I say? I don't even know the answer to that one. This weekend is his first spring soccer game and I should be excited for him but unfortunately I am more worried of how I will be able to walk way out onto the field. The pain seems to get worse everyday, sometimes by the hour. My husband tries to be supportive but he is like me, he wants answers and wants me better. Someone has told me that basically it was all in my head and I just need to excercise. I would give anything to be able to do more activity but the pain is so restrictive. As much as I hate to be on any meds (psych or medical), I am willing to take meds for an accurate diagnosis to treat the illness and to recover.

I apologize for such a lengthy post and my neck is totally killing me for it right now but, I just feel that if I share the whole story maybe someone will pick up on something that I missed. Maybe, this post will bring me closer to knowing what is wrong with me.

God bless NeuroTalk Communities!

P.S : I have posted this in the Autoimmune Disease section because after much research I suspect it might be a form of Lupus. You can see a full list of my symptoms above in the original post. What do you think?
Blondie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote