View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 02:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarExpress View Post
I've had Vista discs on my desk for almost a year now, waiting to be installed. I've heard so many horror stories, I don't wanna!
My understanding, prior to getting this 'puter with VISTA installed, is that most probs. to possibly anticipate would be associated with "upgrading" the O/S to VISTA from, say, XP. At the same time, however, I'd also read that MS released a patch/patches that were alleged to address conflict "issues."

Now, as you can see, my thinking has been revised; I totally understand that probs. with programs are not restricted solely to revising the O/S and installing VISTA on an older 'puter or a 'puter with XP, etc., previously installed.

In time, I suspect, MS will have all this "stuff" ironed-out. For now, however, if someone has a computer that is working perfectly fine with XP, my suggestion is: don't install VISTA at this time. Let MS get the "kinks" worked out first.

Basically, I'd go by the adage: If it ain't broke... (and VISTA sure won't fix it; so I'd leave it alone so it continues working).

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PolarExpress (02-07-2008)