View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
the higher the level of ldopa the less mucuna. this is not necessarily a good thing since mp is a veritable chemical warehouse and our knowledge of its safety is based on the whole bean powder. herbal powers product is too good for me. i am currently using "dopabean" by solaray at 15% ldopa.
Rick, thanks for that info. I agree with all of your points. I wondered about Dopabean. Glad to know it works well for you. Thanks for the heads up about Herbal Powers stuff being too strong for you. The Zandopa, HP200, is what they used in research trials and is approved by the Indian version of the FDA. It's been approved for use in trials here by our FDA:

"Recently the US FDA accepted their application for a new drug for Parkinson Disease - HP-200 and clinical trials are starting soon."

I plan to use it on an as needed basis, that is, as little as possible. Zandopa is only about 4% L-Dopa, but it contains other good mucuna ingredients that I have some blind faith in.

I'll start with a low dose. I can weigh it out precisely in my lab. I hope I can tolerate it. Supposedly, it dissolves in water.

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote