View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ron. I'm new to this group and just read your posts. I'm a 35 year old female who just had my first stroke on 1/17. I had an abnormal vien rupture, and at first I thought it was just a migraine. My family doctor sent me to the emergency room for a CT and they transported me to another hospital where it was confirmed that I had a bleed and ended up spending three days in the critical care neurology unit. Just went the the neurologist last Friday where he confirmed that it was a stroke that I had and he sent me for an angiogram, which I had yesterday. They found something on it, but not sure exactly what it was. They said something about the venus leaking early. Absolutely have no clue what that means. Still waiting for the doctor to call me back.

You said something that caught my attention. You mentioned taking the aspirin every day. That is one thing that they said a stroke patient should not be taking. So, I would get a doctor's advice on that one.

Also, I can sympathize with your panick attacks. I had a major one in the ambulance on the 17th. It was so bad, I could breath or swallow. And of course, the guy in the back of the ambulance didn't even know it until I starting calling for my fiance. Then I had another one yesterday before they started the angiogram. I can feel them coming on, I had difficulty calming myself down. My fiance seems to be the only one who can do that right now. That or the valium that the doctor's give me. :-)

I can also understand you being scared. The doctor's don't know if this is going to happen to me again or not. It's the uncertainty that drives a person crazy. And, I'm getting married in 16 days. I've actually told my fiance that we can cancel the wedding. I feel so bad for him. He's such a wonderful person and he doesn't deserve this.

I know, I don't have any advice for you. I just wanted to let you know that I understand what you are going through and how you are feeling. If you ever need to vent, send me a message. - Michele
Micheler72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote