View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
It makes perfect sense that if we are going to try eating a little of these foods, to eat them at dinner or bedtime only.
Oh dear IMHO If you are gluten sensitive, I don't think it makes sense to eat gluten at bedtime because it makes you sleepy.

If a person is gluten sensitive that person not only has to be concerned about obvious symptoms but also what may be occuring inside the body without symptoms. Every person with biopsy diagnosed CD was at one time just "gluten sensitive". There was an immune reaction going on but the villi were not yet damaged.

The number 1:133 people have CD is for those without symptoms. It is 1:56 for those with symptoms. Symptoms do not always equal the amount of damage to the body.

Dr. Green in his book, "Celiac Disease: a hidden epidemic". compared eating gluten once in a while to falling down and skinning your knee over and over. Healing will never take place for either of these actions.

It is true that no one knows for sure if all people who have gluten sensitivity will go on to develop CD/DH. No one knows for sure how many will develop brain, thyroid, liver, pancreas, blood and other organ problems that can occur with CD/GS. My feeling is, why take a chance.

What concerns me is that damage can occur that will never reverse. I have gluten sensitivity. I also have peripheral neuropathy. My neuropathy is better now that I am GF but I doubt my feet will ever feel normal. My feet have been painful for 40 years. My son who is in his 20's and is now GF told me that his feet stopped hurting. I hope I have saved him from 40+ years of painful feet.

I cannot, in good faith, recommend eating a "little gluten" if one knows he/she is gluten sensitive.
Anne
annelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote