View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Finally seeing a doctor about my leg tomorrow

I'm a bit disappointed...I wont get to see my regular doctor, Dr C1. He's totally booked today. and he's off tomorrow.

I have to see my second choice, Dr C2. (they have the same first name, Chris, and their last names both begin with the letter C too)

I havent seen Dr. C2 since just before I got diagnosed with MS. He's the one who got me calmed down about the possibility. Told me a few stories about his grandmother having MS. So, getting to see him again isnt that big of a disappointment, he's almost as cool as Dr. C1.

I fell 2 weeks ago today, and even tho I can now bend my knee, it hurts a lot more than it did two weeks ago. My entire right leg is one big ache, and most of the pain is centered right at the top of my fibula. Last night I didnt fall asleep until well after 4am because it hurt so bad. (1 baclofen, 600mg of ibuprofen and two tylenol didnt seem to help.)

This morning, I've had my knee feel like it's a lot unstable and the kneecap keeps feeling like it wants to slide off...and it's still hurting this morning. Last few mornings, it didnt feel too sore in the mornings, waited till evening to start really hurting.

This almost feels like the same kind of pain I felt when I broke both my arms when I was younger (not at the same time, thank goodness)

I dont think I broke anything, maybe I cracked something, but I dont think I fractured anything in my knee all the way thru. I also could have torn a ligament or something...I just want to have a doctor tell me if I did more damage than I thought I did when I first fell.

I'm just tired from the pain keeping me awake at night. I think it's aggravating some spasticity. I just want to make sure that's all it is. I guess they'll do an xray or two tomorrow. Hopefully there's nothing cracked or torn or knocked loose in there.

Last edited by Erin524; 02-07-2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: edited because I apparently confused tibia with fibula...
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote