View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpled View Post
Have they tested your pituitary hormones? Your adrenal hormones? That can effect your vitamin D, your immune system and when cortisol goes up and down, it causes great pain from steroid withdrawal. Just a thought. I had Cushing's disease and gained a lot of weight. I had the cyclical type and so most of my tests came back normal while I had most (but not all) of the symptoms.
Unfortunately, most endos are not very skilled at treating this but you need to persevere if you have the hallmarks. I had to see 10 before I got help. Have you seen a rhuematologist?
Hi rumpled,

No, I haven't had my pituitary hormones tested. I was researching and came accross an autoimmune disease called Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) of which I noticed I had many of the symptoms of. Now, I realize different disorders/diseases/conditions sometimes describe some of the same symptoms but when I was reading the ones on Lupus I felt as if i had wrote it. I don't have all the symptoms but it says if you are experiencing at least 4 then you should be tested. I have at least 6 or 7. I have an appt to see my GP Monday and plan on bringing in my symptom list and some of my records from the past hoping this will help him figure out just what it is. Ironically, he has a brother that is a rhuematologist in the next town so that is probably where I will be referred.

Thank you so much for your input. I need all I can get right now.
Blondie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote