View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningBroken View Post
I put the tea and juice in the fridge today, Mom. Two days before Thanksgiving, just as always, to get it good and chilled, just like you always said. I got the cinnomon, and the cloves, just like always. Fresh oranges to make orange wedges from, just like always.

It's been 14 years, Mom, since we last drank spiced tea together. It's been 14 years since your teacups have moved from my mantle. This year my little girl will be five. Five years old is old enough, you said when we sat at the kitchen table and talked. You'd be so proud of her mom, a blonde haired, blue eyed angle, with your stubborn streak, and a heart of gold. You were always right about everything Mom, even the little grand-daughter you never got a chance to see.

She's so excited about this tradition. Ready to be a "big kid", and she wants your cup to be the one she drinks out of. She says its the "most prettiest".

I didnt want to Mom, I really didnt. But its a tradition in the family that your Mother and your grandmother started, one you passed down to me, and I know you expected me to pass down to my daughter. But I lost something today of you mom, its almost as if you had passed away again. This feeling of loss is so strong. After 14 years, I had to wash the teacups, Mom.

I miss you.

Just came across your post. After reading it I started to cry. It
brought so many memories of family back.
I lost my mom 12 yrs. ago my dad 7 yrs. my sister 7 years my
brother 22 yrs.

Also a baby son at birth 38 yrs. The most recent heart ache I
lost my dear dear husband 2 yrs. ago.

They say time heals. It doesn't. It just puts it deeper inside,so that
we can go on. But when the memories come out, the pain, hurt is still there
just like when it first happened.

But that is still what is great about memories, they are forever.

Thanks for letting me get this out. It does help to tell others about
my loss. When I cry I do feel better after.

Joyce (also known as Jappy)
Jappy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MorningBroken (02-21-2008)