View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Are you SWANKing? If so I'm sure you know how to make the adjustments of no-fat milk, olive oil and fat free cheese.

This is a very non-scientific recipe but its similar to what I have had at Mexican restaurants. I serve it with tortilla chips and a side dish of salsa. It goes something like this:

Like making a roux:
Saute 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 cup chopped onion and chopped artichokes (expensive and although not necessary delicious) in 2 tbs. butter. Add 2 Tbs.flour and stir to mix. Add 1 1/2 cups of milk cook over medium heat, stirring often until bubbly and thickened.

Cook one package of frozen creamed spinach (probably 10-12oz) as directed. Mix into the onion cream sauce. Add salt and pepper if desired. Pour in small casserole dish, top with Parmesean and Provolone (or whatever) cheese, sprinkle top with paprika and bake at 350 until bubbly.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (02-07-2008)