View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

Just wanted to Thank all of you for all the great responses and websites. I know these will be keeping me busy for a while. I have talked to my son's nurse and she said they would let us use the frid. and microwave in his room. She said since they have a kitchen that it would not be like my daughter's school. That will be another issue. We discussed the lunches and decided it would be safer and easier to bring his lunches.

Are any of you familiar with DAN Doctors? I was surprised the one we saw told us to disregard the IGG results for all of our kids and some of the IGE results for Joshua (Wheat and corn due to cross reactivity). I have found alot of research that says some individuals will react to these foods when there is pollen involved. Even, our ped. told us to eliminate the IGE foods.

Grasses and Ragweed seem to be an issue at school. They are questioning whether to not expose him to field trips like the park or nature center due to his high grass and moderate ragweed allergies. What we have noticed is only the asthma reaction, and lately red ears at times. But not other reactions, except possibly chronic fatigue. Does anyone know if there can be intolerance reactions that occur during IGE allergic reactions?

I noticed some of you had children with reflux. Are there specific foods that you noticed that caused the reflux in your children. We have read that milk and wheat are many times culprets. We have been on the dairy free diet about a month, but have heard that the school hasn't been doing it all the time. Kayla also has PICA and picking skin behaviors. She also has Tourettes, at times very severe. Do any of your children happen to have/had these behaviors and did you find certain foods helped with any of these? Also, Joshua has hypersensitivitiy to loud noices.

We have been told that one can get food stamps through medicaid to pay for the special foods since it is a medical problem. We will check into this tomorrow. The nurse told us this. Anyone, else hear about this?

Thanks

Diana
specialneeds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote