Old 02-07-2008, 07:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Numbness is a symptom of fb, which you have:

http://www.nfra.net/Symchart.htm

Why do you not believe your current dx?

Even if you are right, you will HAVE to wait for the tests to prove that. Getting frustrated (i.e. stressed) is the worst thing for MS.

Cherie
I've never looked at Fibro sx before....momx7....seems all your sx are listed in that link....why don't you consider that as you've been dx'ed already? Have you talked to folks on a Fibro board to see what they experience? Might be of benifit.

One last thing; You said: I also don't see HOW anxiety would cause numbness to come and go in same place like this (and with it being 1/2 my body

I don't think you followed my links last week when I found this...so I'll do a cut/paste so you can read some...and follow the link: (Mayoclinic)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/con...877/DSECTION=2

Signs and symptoms of conversion disorder typically affect the function of motor or sensory skills — such as the ability to walk, swallow, see and hear — and simulate a general medical or nervous system condition.

Afflictions usually develop suddenly, following a stressful event. The signs and symptoms are related to psychological rather than physical factors, and are not produced voluntarily.

Conversion disorder symptoms include:

Loss of balance
Numbness
Paralysis in an arm or leg
Loss of the touch sensation
Inability to feel pain
Inability to swallow
Inability to speak
Hearing impairment, or deafness
Vision impairment, including double vision and blindness
Hallucinations
Seizures or falling down inexplicably
Convulsions
Abnormal gait, or other difficulty with walking
Trembling
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Inability to urinate
Conversion disorder is one of several types of somatoform disorders, in which signs and symptoms create the appearance of a medical illness that has other no medical explanation. Conversion disorder differs from other somatoform disorders — such as hypochondria and somatization disorder — in that it affects primarily sensory and motor functions that are normally under voluntary control.

Have a good night!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body

Last edited by sugarboo; 02-07-2008 at 07:50 PM.
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (02-07-2008)