View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear your son has this condition. It's bad enough when we have to put up with medical issues . . . but when it's our kids.

It's not likely that I have ACM/SM, since I have the tell-tale lesions in both my brain and spine. Normally ACM/SM would not cause damage in the brain too, would it?

On the other hand, my Neuro is of the opinion that maybe my sister's dx might turn out to be MS in the long run, mostly because I have it. She doesn't have ACM either, just SM, and I guess this scenario is somewhat rare too.

MS is the same in that a lot of people are never dx because they just don't suffer much from the symptoms. My first two attacks caused paralysis (took 18 months all up to heal as well as I was going to), so there wasn't much doubt that it was something significant going on. I am doing relatively well though, considering I've had this disease for almost 16 yrs now. I consider myself lucky.

Well I sure hope that your son does not have too many problems from this. You certainly have your hands full with stressful concerns!

Cherie