View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I need a new primary care doctor

This is more of a vent then anything.

I have been going to this local doctor for quite awhile now and to be honest I really wish I knew why I continue to see her.

She has never done anything for me! Just today I went because my head feels like it is in a vice. Some pain and pressure in my face, nose, upper teeth, ears. I am fatigued, nauseous, dizzy, etc. I have nasal discharge that is all colors of the rainbow. Red, White, Yellow, Green

She takes a look in my nose and tells me there is nothing she can do. She won't even Rx Antibiotics. Yeah I know docs don't like to give them out anymore but yellow-green, red discharge normally indicates an infection but not according to her. Then I bring up fungal infection and she tells me due to the fact that I am healthy she doesn't think that's the cause.

HEALTHY? Did she forget the fact that I am on SSDI for chronic pain due to Peripheral Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, DDD, Herniated Cervical Discs, Reynauds Syndrome, Plantar Fasciitis, Tarsal Tunnel, Type 2 Diabetes and possible Chronic Lyme Disease . Not too mention that I am on Opioid pain medications as a result of these conditions. UNBELIEVABLE

My Podiatrist saw my foot become cyanotic and told me I have Reynauds Syndrome along with stocking glove Peripheral Neuropathy and this PCP tells me that I don't.

Her Dx? There is nothing wrong with me except that I have allergies. While it is true that I have Allergies my sinsus symptoms should be investigated and not written off. As for my other conditions she doesn't have a clue.

She even went so far as to try to get me to stop the Opioids even though she does not Rx them.

This woman has never done a darn thing for me except butting in and trying to undermine my other doctors.

Why oh why do I continue to go to her?

If I knew of another doctor in this area I would drop her in a heart beat but the last thing I need is to go to another doctor and have them be just as bad if not worse.
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote