View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

For some people it takes a long time to be diagnosed not only with MS but other conditions as well.

I really don't know how to put this but, you do have fibro, a chronic condition. Anyone with any chronic condition can benefit from therapy. Additionally, many of the symptoms you have described are similar to anxiety and depression. I would encourage you and support you 100% in seeking therapy while you wait for a diagnosis.

Because of the fibro that you are dealing with, your kids and husband would benefit from therapy as well. Chronic illness do put a stress on the family unit. Your kids see how you react to it and that is how they will learn to react to things. Working through some things together will only be beneficial to your family unit.

Also, sensitivity to heat is common in other conditions as well. Along with MS tremors, I have essential tremors (hereditary condition). Heat aggravates that as well. Heat can aggravate hormones and create issues in many women especially peri menopausal and menopausal women.

What had your neuro said about your physical examination? You've had tests done but what about the physical exam? Did the abnormal reflexes show up on the physical exam? Do you have evidence of a neurological condition on physical exam? etc. These are the questions I would now be asking the neuro and/or your PCP.

Hang in there. Everything will work out as it is supposed to. In the meantime, as you wait, seek some sort of counseling to help you through all of this.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (02-08-2008), the Bird (02-08-2008)