View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
I think what we have here is - to paraphrase Cool Hand Luke - a failure to communicate.

A) I didn't but the computer, as I have stated more than once. It was a gift.

B) I've not inquired about replacing VISTA with Linux.

C) I'm not soliciting people to send me free items or trying to arrange for items to arrive at no cost to me.

D) I thought I was in a support forum, not one where I'm patronized: "....Oh yeah, now we're really off to dreamland...."

Thank you for the offer, but no thanks.

I do own Linux software. How idiotic of me, though, huh, to have forgotten that I purchased it from RedHat - when I was going to install it on an old PC, but, instead, dumb again, I gutted it and set it up for a friend's son. Dang, I must be a total fool.

I'm sorry I even bothered.
I'm with you Bobbi. This is meant to be a friendly forum where we can try to help other people with neurological problems, not jump on them to show your 'superior' computer knowledge and to give your ego a boost.
Speaking for myself, I am just mentally and physically unable to get too deeply involved in computers. It can take up a huge amount of time and keyboard use, and I can't afford that. Mine works very well with Vista, and I am perfectly happy with it.
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote