Thread: Roll Call!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile A little about me......

I was diagnosed with CRPS type I and II in October of 2002. This was after two failed carpul tunnel surgeries on my right had (which were done three weeks apart) in Feb of 2002. I complained for 8 months and told to "live with the pain" by several docs.

I finally found the worlds most compassionate pain doc in late September of 2002 who immediately started doing upper body blocks. 17 of the from October 2002 to February 2003.

Feb 03 I had the trial SCS implanted (still working at that time too - I was a network engineer). It worked wonders and I really wanted off the Oxycontin! May 2003, the perm SCS was implanted, and I soon was weaned off all the pain drugs and the nightmare Neurontin.

In Oct of 2003, I was "laid off". I won't go down that road right now. I found BT in Feb of 2003, and everyone was so nice (still are! ). I knew then that I was not alone with this RSD.

Here I am now, moved to the Western WA area (from TX) over two years ago, and I have had a wonderful job (software developer) since I moved here. I divorced my rotten husband in TX in 2004 before I moved here. I soon met a wonderful, understanding man, here in WA, and we have been engaged for the past year.

My RSD is still pretty much in remission. I have only used 20% of my battery life in the past 3 1/2 years, and I am going strong. I cannot walk long distances (due to two squished discs - L3-L4 and L2-L3 - another story), but I seem to hold my own when we venture out to Mt. St. Helens or just the mountains surrounding this wonderful area. I only turn on my SCS when I have RSD knocking at my door. Which, for now, is only about once or twice a week.

Oops, sorry, this turned into a long post

BTW - I will be setting up the Christmas card exchange again this year.....in the next couple of weeks

((((( gentle hugs to all )))))

Shanin
tiggerz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote