View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
My answer (rage) would be quite long, but I'm not feeling so good (and my thoughts are disjointed, sorry) so I'll try to keep it short. Lucky him!

Firstly, as you know, there are people who exaggerate/over-dramatize things, and some people do have a low tolerance to change or pain, etc. Hence, my advice would not be the same for everyone, . . . but in your case, he is wrong.

Besides going outside patient confidentiality, which he has clearly done, he has not treated you personally with respect and trust (does he hate women or something?). That would be the crux of the issue for me, and I would not want to keep seeing someone who felt that way about me.

He hasn't done his homework on your background/test results, and it seems he hasn't done the proper testing to determine if what you are saying could be true. A spinal MRI is what's necessary before he could even consider a conclusion that you are exaggerating (even though my doc and neuro would absolutely take what I say at face value)!

I'm wondering if perhaps he has you confused with someone else? He might have had a conclusion in his mind already, based on "someone else" entirely, or on your past visits, and his bias about the nose-touching test just "proved it" in his mind. Doesn't really matter why he did it though . . .

Frankly, I wouldn't even waste my breath on someone like him. He is not worth your emotional energy, and believe me, this kind of chit is harder on you then finding someone new.

Cherie
Thanks, Cherie.

Actually, LOL, my dh waited to tell me what the doc said until we were half-way home. He KNEW what I would've done. Logically, I know you are right. I have so much other stuff going on in my life (my mom is having some major health problems right now) that I seriously don't know if I have the energy or inclination to look for a new neuro right now. I'll be going to Pittsburgh from Florida for an extended period between neuro visits.

I have quite a temper when I'm pushed. He has definitely pushed me. I will talk with (AT!) him on my next visit. If I don't feel comfortable after that; I will be looking for a new neuro so fast his head will be spinning.

Thanks so much again.

Jodylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote