View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default high level wrestler with cervical injury

I'm seeking health care for my son who desires to return to his sport after having to quit due to pain from a herniated disc, foraminal narrowing, and osteophytes. He probably wrestled for 3 or 4 years with his injury. We went to a neurologist but was misdiagnosed 3 different times. Despite the fact he was a wrestler complaining of neck and radiated pain, an MRI was not ordered his first 3 visits. I knew that olympic gold medal and now pro wrestler Kurt Angle had surgery on his neck so I investigated that and found out that it was Dr Jho that did his surgery. I was intrigued but since I have done a lot os internet searching, and found some negative comments about him and the type of surgery he does (minimally invasive spinal surgery). I'm now wondering if my son should even bother with surgery and just wait until he can no longer handle the pain. I've have chosen this forum to help us make the right decision. Any feed back I can get from people who have had cervical surgery and got results that allowed them to return to a high level of activity would be great. I would like to hear about failures as well.
1smartguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote