View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Amber,

I am sorry that you are going through this. I can imagine with the Stimulators in you how hard it is to find a Dr. to see you. I have had them not want to see me just because I have too much wrong with me. I can't even remember how many times I have heard that.

Have you ask your Dr. about Methadone. I am on a very low dosage and it does help. Sometimes I think with any med, you should start low and work your way up. It wouldn't be such a shock to the body. My Dr. always starts me out at the lowest dosage also. He just uped my Methadone last month for the first time in over 4 years. I ask him if he would and he did no questions asked. My thing is this pelvic pain right now. I do know though if I go off of it, my RSD shows it's ugly head. Yes people die from Methadone but what we are seeing they are dying from a lot of meds out there.

Also with the ketamine, I was wondering if your Dr. could get it for injections. It takes a lot of injections in different areas but they do work. If he targeted your worst areas then maybe the referred pain would die down. My Dr. gives me injections with Lidocaine and when I was at my worst he used the Ketamine.

These are just ideals. I do know what you are saying though with the SCS's. I always worry about when my Dr. retires what I will do for my meds and I have the VNS in me.

Don't give up girl, there are good Drs. out there that don't care to take a risk. I have several

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote