View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Terry / Marla

Thankyou for your encouraging words
My manger is on holiday at present as too is our Building Manager who's responsibility it is to see that the building conforms to regulations
I have a lawyer ringing me tomorrow morning to advise me of what my options and first thing on Monday I will ask our Building Control Inspector to come and have a look and check compliance - hopefully this will be the first step to getting the problem rectified
I'm also going to make sure I take photos at some point over the weekend just in case there is any question that the breach of regulations existed in the future
Once I am 100% sure that there is a breach in regulations and that there are no loop-holes in British Law which mean the building is compliant after all, I will arrange a meeting with my Management Team to discuss a resolution of the problem
My major headache is how do you put any price on the suffering of a child - especially when you have no idea how the illness will progress in the future
I hate to make a fuss but if this was a preventable accident that is somehow going to have long term implications for our family.
The best thing they could do is to agree for me to continue working from home part time in order to meet Alisons care needs as and when they arise.
I will let you know how we go on but thanks for all your kind words of encouragement !!!
Andrea
Sandel (02-08-2008)