View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
I don't know if the neuro found abnormal reflexes. The SX do get worst with heat (as well as fatigue). I don't have diabetes, I was hypoglycemic until a few years back when I went IR because of PCOS, I check my glucose level a lot. My thyroid has been checked a lot, no problems.

I think you may have missed my point though, Julie. Almost ALL of the symptoms you have are on fb list that I attached, and the rest could be explained by other (perhaps yet unknown) conditions.

When I visit the doctor, he NEVER assumes a symptom is because of MS. He sends me for blood, glucose, ultrasound, EKG, COPD, Xrays, etc . . . and if nothing else becomes obvious up, he MAY blame it on the MS (if it makes sense to). Since you already have a dx that FITS almost to a T, the only symptoms that need to be checked at this point are those that DON'T fit. As was evident from my comparison of the fb chart to your listed symptoms, there really weren't too many there that don't fit that particular dx though . . .

Of course, a lot of your symptoms also fit MS too.

If you had not already had a MRI . . . or if the MRI had even one suspicious (but not confirmed as MS-type) lesion . . . or if your LP had showed O-bands, then I would say, get another opinion, pronto! However, your tests came up clean for MS-specific criteria (at least for now), so what can you or your doctors possibly do except wait?

This may very well turn out to be MS in the long run, but for now it is fb (and maybe some other stuff too).

We are just a bunch of low energy and very sick people, that are trying to find ways to keep our sanity with a very gross disease to contend with. Please don't think I am trying to tell you to go away or anything (we definitely can identify with many of your medical issues) . . . BUT I think you also need the support of a fb forum at this point. I have no doubt they will relate to your frustration over the feeling that something else is wrong, and this is where you seem to need the most support right now.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (02-08-2008)