View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I am totally lost in all this GLA, EPA, etc. etc.

You guys are so much more knowledgable than I can ever hope to be. And while I am not stupid, and thankfully, I can still learn stuff, there is so much information to absorb (well, to me at least), I'm going to keep it simple.

I'm going to eat what I eat, and drink my Brita Water, and not use aspartame or sugar. I take the B-complex, the Methyl B-12, the vitamin C, the magnesium, the Omega 3 pill, and every morning I will do my juice thing.

I just came home from Cornell.

It was the BIG exam. And I did ask them what was going on with the Cornell thing. They have no idea why people died. It's being investigated, and when the investigation yields results WE SHALL ALL HEAR ABOUT IT, because it will be published.

My sugar was fine, my blood pressure was fine, they examined my feet and they did the vibrating tool on me instructing me to 'TELL US WHEN YOU STOP FEELING IT". Worked fine on one foot but not so fine on the other foot.

Then they did the filament thing on both fee and I felt absolutely EVERYTHING. So she was pleased as punch over that. And so was I.

She explained that because more people died in the intensive program than in the standard program, there is now no more Intensive program. And everyone's goal is to have an a1c of 7.0 to 7.5.

I then said "but my last a1c was 6.5"??? And the doctor said 'well, you are very different because you yielded results as if your body was in the intensive program, but you are in the standard program, so we are dropping your Lantus from 26 to 22". I said 'oh good, that means my body will start losing weight better because insulin is stored in the fat cells". She said "you got it, and keep doing whatever you are doing, because your are doing great".

So as far as they are concerned, I'm doing great.

Why I'm not a size 8, well I have no idea, but they say I'm doing great.

I did not lose any weight since November (but then again, with the cold weather, I can't exercise). So I have to begin walking again (when I get my body to straighten out lol).

They measured my waist and did some calculations. and they told me nothing because I gave them orders never to tell me what I weigh or what my waist size is. Not unless I start to look like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Imagine, I started at Cornell using 46 of the Lantus, and I'm now (as of tomorrow morning) down to 22.

Wouldn't it be something if down the road I can maintain my sugar control simply by dieting?.

The doctor did say one thing. "We feel that the people in the starndard program (I guess we were on less meds), did better than the people on the Intensive Program (more of them died). She then said 'well diabetics do die of cardiovascular disease" I said "no kidding".

So they tend to believe that diet, nutrition, and exercise play an even greater role than just taking the meds alone.

I'll keep eating my greens, thank you very much.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote