View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Lil, I am glad they gave you the lump sum. That is the only right thing they could have done and I am glad to see that they did do the right thing.

There is a place called Angel Food Ministries and they have food you can buy once a month at very low prices. They are in every state and most towns. I know their website tells each town per state. This last month we paid $90.00 for food and it filled both our freezers with meats and veggies, more meat really, but we only have to go to the grocery store for the little things needed after that. And we know our money went to the ministry, not to somebodies pocket. So you feel good about helping someone at the same time you help yourself. And with the cost of groceries now-a-days, it sure has been a blessing in our lives.

I have talked with the Medicaid office and like you, they weren't going to pay much, if any because I have health coverage with my husband's employer so I was needy enough. So I will wait another few months and the Medicare will kick in. But I thank you for your help.

Love, Peace & Blessings,
Marla
Marla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote