View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi D

I have lumbar spine issues that radiate into my tailbone and also down me legs. It can happen for no reason. The doctor will always ask "what did you lift this time to throw your back out"? I'll reply I didn't lift anything and I didn't do anything!!!

It just happens on it's own now and again the discs will flare causing extreme pain and feirce muscle spasms pulling me to one side usually. I then look like I am walking like a duck.

If you do the exercise to strenghthen your back, you might still get the flares but they will not last as long because your back will be in better shape.

As far as pain goes, I rub Tiger Balm on my lower back, and lay on a heating pad with 2 pillows under me knees.I also take magnesium and other mineral baths with bubble bath every night. I try not to sit too much because my back does not like sitting,and I am forced to sit in a chair at work all day. I walk around,I lay on the floor and do stretches. I may go in for one or two PT appointments. I also take Voltaren. (antiinflammatory)

If your lucky enough to have one of those husbands or partners that will give you a a bit of a massage, that also may help.

But your right, the cardinal rule these days for back problems is to keep moving.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote