View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks TooTired and Bryanna!

If the dentist does decide to prescribe pain meds, I'll ask him about Darvocet. I did have to take that years ago when I cracked my tailbone and I remember it helped with the pain but really messed with my emotions. I think I'd rather cry than vomit though any day!

As far as the smoking goes, I am going to give it another try this year. Last year I was very close to quitting when my mom passed away, then I started smoking full force again, about a pack a day. I am slowly weaning myself off. I still have nicotine lozenges left from my last quit attempt. I'm wondering if they would be a little easier on the extraction site, provided I kept them on the opposite side of my mouth. BTW I didn't realize that smoking would diminish the effects of meds - very interesting!

I love the CD suggestion - now I have to figure out which one - hmm, decisions, decisions.

And thanks much for the heads up that this extraction may cause a flare up of the TMJ. I asked my dentist about it but he acted like this was going to be a cake walk and shouldn't effect the TMJ. LOL, I know my own body well enough to know that virtually nothing is a cake walk.
MSCherokee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote