Thread: Face Pain TN?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Face Pain TN?

I have had trouble with facial pain off and on over the past several years. It runs from my jaw up into my cheek, just in front of my ear, and to my temple. When it is bad it goes around behind my ear and I can feel pain down into my neck.

My PCP feels it is probably TN because it was over the top painful. Vicoden didn't touch it. The first time I had it it would rip through my face,ear,and into my temple area. It went on for two days before it started to let up.

After that my face was sore and my muscles on that side ached. My doctor wanted to put me on an anti sezuire medication just to see if it helped. I didn't want to go on it because I knew one of the side effects was being tired. I have 5 small children!!

I did have a second round of TN about 18 months later. I have not had any more than two major TN episodes.

But I do have on going deep knife like pain in my ear at times. No ear infection though. Today I am having some pain in the same area the TN hit.

Anyway, I also have ON right now. I thought I read that TN that comes with MS is not as constant as TN that is the primary dx.

My mother and my sister both have a primary dx of TN and are both on daily meds to control it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I am wondering since my TN is not as consistant if it could be more of a possible MS thing?

I am not dx'd with Ms but am being sent to an MS clinic by my PCP because he suspects it. Hope this made some sense.

L
slskckjebw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote