View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused My poor doggie... any advice?

My dog (my world, my life, my baby... you get the idea) hurt her leg last week playing frisbee in the snow. A playtime activity she absolutely loves. We didn't even know she was hurt until later that night when she started limping. We took her to the vet last Friday and he felt around, but thought everything was okay. He gave her some prednisone for the swelling and since she was scheduled for a teeth cleaning the following Friday (today) he was going to give her a more thorough exam when she was under anethesia.

She stopped limping several days ago and seemed to be back to normal. I was more worried about her teeth cleaning than her leg, and was shocked when they told me she had a ruptured ACL that would require surgery!

Has anyone had this happen to their dog and had the surgery or not had the surgery? Any advice? I'm willing to pay whatever I need to have her get better, it's not about the money. I'm more worried about all the stuff I read on the internet about how debilitating this inury can be.

She seems fine! She isn't limping, even after the exam. I love her so much, I just want her to continue to be the happy, bouncing, frisbee catching lab that she has always been.

Sorry this is so long... I'm not usually prone to long posts... I'm just at a loss right now... Thanks for reading.

Please let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

My dog is not my whole life... she makes my life whole.
Blondi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote