View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCherokee View Post
I just have to ask this because DH is driving me insane. Whenever I sit, I never keep my feet flat on the floor anymore.

I'll try to explain. Usually, I have my feet resting on the outside, almost on my ankles. This is comfortable to me and I've done this for the past year or so. However for some reason, it's driving my DH crazy. He's constantly telling me to stop doing it and put my feet flat on the floor. Can't help it, it's just more comfortable on the outside! It doesn't hurt to keep my feet flat on the floor or anything and I have no trouble walking.

I think he's secretly worried about spasticity or something causing it, who knows. He has CP and even with surgery as a child, is prone to walking on his tiptoes when barefoot due to overly tight tendons so maybe he's worried that my tendons are becoming overly tight or something. I dunno.

Just curious if anyone else sits the way I do or am I just unique?
No offense, but sounds like what my sister did when I visited her in England. She yelled at me everytime I sat on her couch because she thought that the way I was sitting on it was going to ruin it. (I was sitting a bit slouched because I was tired from the jet lag) She was constantly telling me I couldnt sit that way because it was going to somehow ruin the couch. (she didnt tell her 2 1/2 yr old to stop walking and jumping on it tho...) She even yelled at me when I wasnt slouching on it, so I finally got mad enough that I started to sit on the floor, leaning back against it. (she didnt like that either)

My sister is a bit of a control freak about stuff like that sometimes.

When I sit, a lot of times, I'll have my feet flat, but sometimes I'll have them stretched forward and one foot will be on top of the other.

You should sit how you feel comfortable.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote