View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

"Chris-cross, apple sauce" . . . that's what they used to say to my daughter in her primary years. They wanted all the kids to sit cross-legged, but she would be directly on her rump with her thighs tight to the floor too. Her legs would be out to either side.

"Who cares anyway?" was my response. Apparently it isn't good for the joints though.

I often sit with my feet like you, or stacked, if they are even near the floor. Usually though, they are tied up in the legs of the chair, or on the coffee table. Probably not good for posture though . . . so I suppose it's no wonder I have back problems.

Do you have 'excess' thighs? That can make being flat-footed or having your legs together more difficult, even with walking.

If I am in company, I try to keep more flat-footed, with my legs together, just because it appears more lady-like. Maybe that's what your husband is thinking . . .

Cherie