View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I've never been

vain per se, never had to be? I'd always 'looked' ten +/- years my age UNTIL I got this PN stuff! Now I look my age or 10+ years older...Sigh.

At times my pains were so bad that I had considered either nerve severing or botox or other nerve blocks...but my affected areas were too wide-spread. When I'd had cancer surgery, I specifically asked the surgeon to sever nerves there! I'd enough Nerve pain elsewhere, thank you! Guess what? Those pesky nerves are trying to regrow in spite of a top surgeon! Durn.

I can understand the desire or need by some to try experimental procedures. To me, they are true pioneers who DO risk their lives to try and ease constant pains. I understand their delemmas and the decisions they must make before consent. My only fear about Botox and kids is about how well the parents were informed about the risks and consequences. As an adult, I am glad that I'm capable and able to research other views on such procedures, but if I were a parent with a kid in such pains....I'm sure I'd not be as clear thinking as needed under the circumstances.

About 'aging'? I prefer to 'go' gracefully. Anything I do is either going to be to keep my insides and my outsides healthy and protected. Goodness knows those meds that help us do take tolls in other ways. One just has to be careful, cautious, aware and alert. Not to mention diligent. As few 'artificial ingredients' in my life as possible...thank you very much! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote