View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Some of the responses are cracking me up and are making me think that I sit in a lot of different positions, but no matter what, one or both of my feet are usually resting on the outside, not flat.

Right now, I have left leg crossed over right, very lady like and all, but sure enough my right foot is turned leaning toward the outside, ankle almost touching the ground. I also sit with ankles crossed sometimes or left leg under me (never right leg), it just depends. At work I do believe I have my feet flat more often than not.

I seem to reposition my legs more often than I thought! BTW, just got busted by DH for the ankle thing. I kept pressing him, asking him why it's bothering him so much. His response? "I'm afraid you're going to break your ankles someday - you know that's not good on your muscles and tendons". I'm thinking that because I haven't *always* done this strange thing with my ankles that maybe he's thinking the MS is getting worse or something.

Of course he could just be bummed because he doesn't have that type of flexibility or something. He does have some difficulty walking and always says his legs feel tight, to the point some days he doesn't even feel like he can straighten out his legs. The other day I was trying to take the dogs outside and our senior dog decided there was no way he was going outside so I blocked him from running the other way by positioning my feet heel to heel, toes pointing straight out to either side, in effect making a barrier. DH couldn't figure out how I could still do that - I told him years of ballet and dance classes.

The thing about the couch - wow, that's just insane! I'd have been half tempted to start walking or jumping on it when her child was, just to see her reaction!
MSCherokee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote