View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default #14

(I had typed this all in this morning and it never posted. I think I may have hit preview instead of post! Good grief...)

Anyway, I went for #14 on Thursday.

This morning's post was very intro-spective and soul-baring. Pretty good for 6 am and 1 cup of coffee. I wish I could remember all of what I said.

All I can say is that Tysabri is a blessing in my life. You know the saying of things happening for a reason? That's Tysabri for me.

Last year at this time I couldn't make it through a day with out a nap, sometimes 2. I couldn't manage to work any more than 3 days a week, 5 hours a day. I always used the HC parking spaces. Walking further than a few hundred yards was out of the question. Anything "extra" in my life, like going out to dinner, special events, etc took extra planning. And even then, I usually bailed at the last minute.

Then a gentle sunrise happened. A very slow but distinct lessening of my symptoms.

And in the span of the last 3 months the following has happened: We decided to move my parents from their apartment over an hour away from my home into assisted living 10 minutes away. Then mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. We got them moved here the week before Christmas. The rounds of doctors appointments began. During pre-surgery testing they found a 90% blockage in a coronary artery. Mom had open heart surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. She went to a rehab facility 6 days later, but was readmitted to the hospital yesterday for an infection and fluid build-up in her lungs. Through all of this my dad has been a mess as this is the first time they have ever been apart for this length of time. I have been at my mom's side every step of the way while trying to reassure my dad.

And mixed in with all of that my company was sold to a new owner and one of my key employees quit. Consequently I am back to working 5 days a week, generally over 40 hours.

If any of this had happened a year ago I never would have had the strength or energy to care for my mom let alone deal with any of the 'extras'.

My Tysabri is heaven sent...exactly what I needed, when I needed it.

Thanks for listening

Last edited by KarenR*; 02-09-2008 at 06:56 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (02-10-2008), Jodylee (02-12-2008), Riverwild (02-10-2008)