View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy T View Post
In 1999 I lost 20 pounds in a few months without even trying. True, I had additional dizziness during that period--I think it must have just made my stomach feel less hungry even though I wasn't nauseated.

In the past 9 months I gained 25 pounds without eating more (as far as I know). I think my metabolism took a big dive--I'm middle-aged. I went back up to 215, which is where I'd been in 1999 before losing the 20 lbs.

I have now put myself on a diet (down 8 lbs in two weeks), feeling it's last-ditch time to lose weight or BECOME CRIPPLED. I couldn't stand it. Outgrew my clothes, my bra (darned if I'm going to order another bra!!), and felt my knees wobble going up the stairs. Harder to walk, my joints hurt and the muscles at the top of my legs/hips conk out after two blocks.

When I couldn't keep up on a walk with my out-of-shape, 78-year-old, heavy-duty fibromyalgic mother, I knew I was in SERIOUS TROUBLE!!! Lose weight or become a cripple!! Six years ago, at 195 lbs, I could walk very, very fast for an hour or more, with none of that awful burning strain in my hip/upper leg.

Do you think you've had some change in your metabolism? Something affecting your stomach that could slow down your appetite? New medication?

Nancy T.
I've been taking Baclofen since November (not all the time tho, sometimes I go for a few weeks without taking any)

I did have a reduced appetite during the few weeks that I had bronchitis, and in the last month, I've been trying to encourage my dad to lose weight. (he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart in early January) I like crockpot food, so I'm picking out stuff for my dad to make from some cookbooks geared towards people wanting to lose weight, but we've only started doing that over the past month, and mostly just on the weekends. Tomorrow we're making turkey chili in the crockpot, and some cornbread.

Also, occasionally since just before I started having MS symptoms in early 2006, sometimes when I'm eating, I'll all of a sudden get a nauseous feeling that will make me quit eating. I dont know what it's from...I did have a high liver enzyme test result in mid 2006, but it hasnt been tested since then. I have had that nauseous feeling some in the last month or so. (it's only made me physically sick once and that was about 2 weeks ago)

I havent been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but I do on occasion feel hypoglycemic for apparently no reason. (ate lunch around 230 today, then within an hour I was starving to death again...I'm about to go attack the fridge for some food)

I hope I'm not about to develop diabetes, that's my worry...my grandmother and my uncle both had diabetes.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote