View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cyclops and others

I'm slaying my dragons!! The very first diagnosis I got was idiopathic. I'm just not a person to live with the unknown. I've always had to have the answer to my questions. Drove my grandpa mad.

Idiopathic is pathetic. Don't settle for it. Even if you can't find the reason, you will know in your heart that you tried every single thing you could do to beat the beast. I battle every single day with a disease that has no cure. But everything they find from my body will be one more thing they know that will eventually help someone else.

Cyclops, I did something this week that scared me. I drove again for the first time since breaking my pelvis. I just refuse to give up and give in to this disease. I just think that if I keep trying I can do it whatever it is. It's too easy to give in and agree with a doctor who has halfway done his job by labeling you "idiopathic". I have a diagnosis now and if a cure becomes available....at least I will know that the cure is for me and will not be one of the people setting on the sidelines saying "That cure won't help me, I'm idiopathic".

Billye