View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
How about those people on "Biggest Loser", who are losing 10 or 15 lbs a WEEK!?!

I think I recall you saying some time ago that your weight had been fluctuating between 20 - 50 lbs over the last year, so losing this much weight in relatively short period is probably within "your" normal.

I'm not sure if you are 6'2" (walked head first into that already today ), but ASSuming you are just average height for a woman, 249 lbs may be close to double your ideal weight. The more you have to lose, the faster the pounds can drop off. Once you get down to say 150 lbs though, you might find it is much harder to drop big numbers in a short period.

Congratulations on a very big accomplishment though, Erin!

Cherie
I'm 5 foot 3 (or 4?)

It's just weird, I've never had my weight fluctuate like this before the MS diagnosis.

I havent been trying to lose weight (I'm basically lazy when it comes to exercise) I just find it a bit strange that 27 pounds or so disappeared like that without me doing anything to make it go away. I also found out last night that I should probably not mention weight to the boyfriend. He's been exercising for the last month to lose weight, and he thinks he actually gained weight. (maybe it's muscle?)

So, he's been trying like crazy to get rid of weight and gains some, I'm not even trying and it just wanders off on me. (that doesnt seem fair, does it?)

I'll probably lose some more soon too. I'm about to do 3 weeks of physical therapy for my knee, and after watching them do PT on my mom after her knee surgeries, I know they're not going to go easy on me.

It's just kind of weirding me out...I should be excited that I lost nearly 30 pounds in a few months time, but it just makes me wonder why my weight has been going up and down like a yo-yo for the last year, and if it's something to be concerned about. Oh well, at least this explains why my jeans and my underwear suddenly started to feel bigger than they used to be.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote