View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 02:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Is red yeast rice contaminated?

Neither of the two brands of red yeast rice (RYR) specify the country of origin. RYR is widely used by the Chinese. Has anybody here read studies about contaminated RYR being imported to the US?

TooTired. I'm sorry you've been so ill. I'm a little confused. First you mentioned that your PN is getting better, then that it's getting worse in spite of taking CoQ-10. Did it get worse for a time, but is now getting better? BTW, your PCP is a treasure. I have one like that too.

I know that we can heal from PN in spite of what physicians used to think. My PN is much better than a decade ago, though there is still some residual numbness and transient pain, occasionally briefly intense. Today my wife, I, and a friend walked from near Mission Bay to the top of Mt. Soledad here in San Diego, a round trip distance of around six miles with about 900 ft. elevation gain, about 17,000 steps on my pedometer. I'm now a bit stiff. That's probably to be expected given my age of 65. However, I'm not in any great pain. This would have been so impossible when I was 55, living with 24 hr excruciating pain, burning, numbness, and fear.

I'm relating this to help you continue to be optimistic and continue to patiently and unstoppably work for healing.