View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New Here But Have Much Weakness Also With SPN

Hi Vanessa! I have Prominent Sensory Polyneuropathy and have much muscle weakness in both upper arms and both legs, right leg especially. My understanding is that since I have much demyelinating and axonal involvement, the nerves that control the muscles, well can't always do their job as adequately as they use to. As you mentioned, just going through the grocery store is a big challenge. . .I have to hang onto a cart or my thigh muscles with cramp up and spasm. I also have the pins and needles, the
"Electric Shock" sensations (boy they are fun!), and extensive body burning that is chronic. Have had a dull pounding headach now for 5 weeks. Doc can't figure out why. My blood work is all good, vitals are great. It's hard for me to exercise as I also have moderate lumbar stenosis, which causes me alot of spinal pain. But hey, could be worse. My days are what I decide to make of them, and I usually can deal with it all with a smile and some laughter.

Blessings,
BevAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valese72 View Post
Hello everyone!

After reading through the different posts in PN for the past few weeks, it seems like there are many who suffer from nerve pain only. My symptoms with CIDP are predominantly weakness in my upper arms, neck and legs. It is strange too because the weakness in my left arm is greater than in my right arm and my weakness in my right leg is greater than in my left leg.

My biggest challenge is walking! It's exhausting! Just to get around the block takes me so long. I am someone who was in good shape and walked everywhere.

Is there anyone else suffering from the same problems with weakness? I would love to hear other stories about how you cope with this. Any good exercises, vitamins, diets???

Thanks!