View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Also, you can put in a call to whoever was sent the MRI report and ask them to send you a xerox copy asap in the mail (faster than requesting medical records from the hospital who did the MRI). Just learning how to re-say it in plain English will not only keep you busy, but make it MUCH easier to formulate your questions for your next visit.
If you are in constant pain 24/7, consider asking whoever prescribed norco if you should be on a long acting painkiller, since I think hydrocodone is only a short term painkiller for breakthrough pain. To understand all about it, read Jane Brody's experience after her knee surgery by going to www.nytimes.com and searching her name and pain management.
Hydrocodone has acetomycin (sp?) which I think is not a very strong ant-inlamatory, you might wnat to ask the doctor if it worth trying one and if you can add to the norco a dose of ibuprofen or similar.
You say you have terrible spasms. A muscle relaxant might help, but could make you especially on top of a painkiller. However, if you can't sleep, or the norco doesn't work, mabe what you need is to try a muscl reww A
1994 broke neck lifting dad - misdiagnosed 4 yrs by HMO as carpal tunnel and malingerer (!) Lamination with titanium 97 - full Central Sensitization by 2000. Now get meninges inflammatory attacks that cause venous occusions leaving me concussed or writhing without enough time to recuperate. Can't wait for Clifford Woolfe's selective painkiller for only nerves in pain. Now on Methadone, bacofen, etc. usual effects
gizmogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote