View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Temporal Lobe Epilepsy--anyone else here?

Hi there!
It sounds like you feel very alone so I thought I'd log in (first message only just joined) and tell you a bit about myself!
I was diagnosed with TLE at the end of Sept 07 after like you years and years of funny episodes. I have different symptoms to you but with several abnormal EEG's and an MRI which showed ischaemia on the Left T Lobe the diagnosis was given. I am supposed to be taking Lamictal but havent summoned up the courage yet as I react badly to meds. I've been on anti depressants for years and also have vertigo attacks. They are so terrifying that I daren't risk anything making them worse.
The difficulty I have is that no-one seems to be able to explain which of my symptoms are E related. Therefore I dont know what improvement I would be looking for if I took the meds!
I get weird visual stuff like objects flying towards me really fast, i.e. if I'm washing up the bowl seems to come up to meet me at speed ...weird I know!
I get dizzy spells with shivering and also sudden intense fear accompanied by feeling absolutely freezing. Also since childhood I've had the dejavu thing.
Because I got the depression and the accompanying side effects of their meds it has made me very fearful, and I dont trust meds very easily!
Sorry to rabbit on but I feel for you and if you can relate to any of this or can explain to me what you think the main symptoms are I would be really grateful
babyjayne
babyjayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote