View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Blondi I understand how you feel about your dog - we feel the same way about our three.

My brother has a lab that had the same thing happen to her. She was playing catch with the tennis ball and some how twisted her leg and same injury. Just about the same thing happened (except the teeth cleaning ) He took her in and they said she was fine - a week later took her back for shots and & he checked her again and felt the rupture.

They waited about a month to see if it would heal itself not under the Vet's choice and when they did do the surgery it took her longer to heal. The vet said if they would of done it sooner she would of healed a lot quicker because there was more damage done while she still played hard in the mean time.

Our black lab broke her back leg in two different places - of course on a Sunday - it ended up costing us over $3500 (took out a credit card to help pay for it) but we never ever thought twice about it. She is worth it.

Good Luck, and please don't wait to long from experience with my brothers baby it isn't good.

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be NO courage unless you're scared.
yeahbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote