View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I took Fioricet for many years and it did help a great deal with my migraines. There is also Fioricet #3, which has codeine in it. This was I mean migraine medication for years.

I found I was getting more and more headaches and eventually started to get rebound headaches from the Fioricet and that can happen with many medications, especially medications that include Tylenol. I found that if I took it more than two or three times a week I would get this rebound headache. The difference between a rebound headache and a regular headache is that it doesn't go away until you stop taking the offending drug and you have to be off it for about 10 days, which was pretty awful.

I never tried Fioricet #3 until recently. . It really upset my stomach, but my stomach is extremely delicate right now. So I doubt that would be a problem for most people.

If you don't have migraines every day or extremely bad ones, Fioricet is a very good headache drug. Somehow the combination of different medications works together very well, especially if you take it right when the headache is coming on.

My problem is is that I got a lot of headaches around my period, maybe 10 days straight and that would send me into a rebound cycle. That probably won't happen to you and doesn't happen to everybody.

Despite the negative things I said I t, hink it's a very good headache medication and very effective.
jane2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote