View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have had TLE since childhood, and you will find many here and on other sites who do as well. It is rather common in epilepsy circles. It also sounds to me like you both are still having seizure activity, probably Simple Partials. I called my first Simple Partials funny feelings. It fit thiose weird feelings. Deja Vu is also a Simple Partial seizure. Those funny feelings/weird feelings are actual seizures even though you are still conscious. If left untreated and allowed to continue, seizures get worse in severity. I say this since both of you are not taking medication. Epilepsy does not just disappear. It is a chronic illness and those are there for life. iI there happens to be another cause for your seizures that is treatable in another way, it is important to find that out and take care of it. The sooner the better. Even if your seizures stop for a while, it is not gone. and thinking that it is can cause you irreparable harm later. I still have epilespy even though I finally had surgery after years of continued seizures and have not lost consciousness since then. It took a few years of funny feelings and nocturnal seizures to push me into the next level of severity, Complex Partials where I did lose consciousness and bladder control as well. The next degree for me was Complex Partials with Secondarily Generalized features. How it gets worse is this. The healthy cells around the small area that is misfiring learn how to misfire, and seizures worsen from there if not treated, but there are much better treatments than there were. You both are sill having seizures I fully believe. I have a great ear for music and am good at math, so not all is bad. You could think of the color ability as a gift in a way. My music is, and I used those gifts to balance the fact that I had epilepsy when I was diagnosed at 14. I did take meds and still take one, but you play a huge part in making sure you take the steps needed to make sure you have the best quality of life possible. how your life is affected by your epilepsy depends on your choices in seeking proper treatment, learning to care for yourself, doing all those things to lessen seizures and allowing you the best quality of life possible. It is up to you. as well as I encourage you both to seek out an experienced, patient-oriented Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and see an board certified Epileptologist. Glad to meet you, and you are definitely not alone. CLosing your eyes will not help. It will harm you in a huge way. Tattoo
Tattoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote