View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 10:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Claudia

I read your post and that is some great info, contacting your state reps. I may need to use that info. My hubby had a stereotatic 3rd ventriculostomy on November 16, 2005 (brain surgery). He has a large pineal cyst and he had a skating accident, that is how all this began, and hydrocephalus formed.

He returned to work 2 months after his brain procedure, however he worked in a juvenile correction facility teaching our young juveniles a trade (bricklaying) for when they where to return to normal society. Really rough enviroment after three fights and one gang fight he cannot work.

We have two issues we are dealing with right now one of course is that never caring workman's comp system. In the gang fight his right elbow was bloodied, his right side of his neck was swollen, it broke his right lense in his glasses, and he left shoulder blade was hurt. Now get this they will treat everything on the right except his brain and that is the side he had his surgery on. They claim they treated him for a neck injury not a brain injury. Lawyer working on that one. On July 25th he went over a desk with a student two of them were fighting in his class, that is the last thing he remembers about working, he has not been back since July 27th and he will not leave our home town afraid he will not remember how to get home.

Now to the 2nd issue, he had to go to our doctor to get an excuse for not coming into work and our doctor freaked out he could not believe the shape James was in, the last time he had saw him he was still on the mend and things were improving, he told us to file immediately for SSD, which we did, he has his medical exam on Oct 11, and I am hoping that something just one little thing goes right, I am prepared for the attorney thing though, my corporate attorney at work told me he had to hire an attorney to get his ML SSD. So I am prepared to for him to be denied.

But as I said in the beginning, thank you, at least now I have a direction for when he does get denied. I love BT whether is be 1 or 2 they both have always been there when I needed them for advice!

Shown
Shown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote