View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

FFM...if this person is truly your friend, she will understand that you are an adult able to make your decisions. That when you ask for advice or opinions it doesn't mean that you will do or act the same as she. If this were my friend I would say: I know that when you are so demanding that I do this or act in the way that you would. You are thinking of me, but I am different and my decisions are going to be different. I don't need to be controlled and I surely don't need to be in a battle of the wills and neither do you. We have to learn to give and take in a relationship. When you say something that hurts my feelings or makes me uncomfortable, I am going to tell you...for the reason we are friends and I don't want to lose such a valuable one because I stay quiet and feelings build up. I also realize that what I've said might make you mad...but is it worth losing a good friendship?

However, you didn't ask my advice and I understand it is YOUR decision on how to handle this relationship, but I do wish you the best. I have been through the same thing over and over...now I speak up if I don't want to do something. Otherwise...I'd be in another state right now with someone I really didn't want to go with. lol
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (02-10-2008), Blues Girl (02-20-2008), FlyFishin Momma (02-11-2008), Koala77 (02-10-2008), SallyC (02-10-2008), SandyC (02-16-2008), yeahbut (02-10-2008)