View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

1998 and '99 were a disaster for me.

I lost my two closest friends, one to breast cancer, and one to leukemia and brain tumors.

and my mother passed away after a massive stroke and lung cancer.

those were the three people I kept in touch with daily, through thick or thin, helped them move house, care for their kids, and helped them through divorce and illness with emotional support, and 3 years of live-in hospice care for my mom.

I was very close to both of those friends for over 15 years, and with my mom for 12 (since she got sober) and they all did much for me, going through my years of "limboland" and single parenthood, giving untold amounts of help with problems.

my friends and I all worked together to refurbish an old building, and turn it into a small private school, and saw four of our children graduate together...

since then, I must admit... I have kept my friendships sort of shallow, never letting anyone get that close again, because the pain of loss was too great.

but after reading your post Momma, I will try to BE a better friend, and start letting friendships blossom, instead of being so stand-offish.

thanks for the *poke* Momma!